A GKS project is an abstraction layer to manage a set of clusters.
All clusters in an GKS project:
- Share the same users (“members” of that project), who can be either administrators or have read-only rights. A project member can always log in to the GKS dashboard and will be able to download a
kubeconfigfor accessing all clusters in that project directly.
- Share the same GKS service accounts, which can access the GKS API with a REST API and API token.
- Can have SSH Keys assigned to them, which are organized via the project.
Projects are only required for management and have no impact on how you can use the clusters within. You can have multiple projects.
- How to create a GKS project
- How to manage users in a GKS project
- How to manage service accounts in a GKS project